Grabbing Gaming by the Coins

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Still in the Console : Jet Force Gemini

Oh boy, this game just got a whole lot bigger than a thought. To sum it up quick, from the beginning the point of the game seems to be dedicating yourself to saving a race of Mogwai-looking furry aliens simply called "Tribals" the from a guy named Mizar and his blue ant looking army. The game is pretty linear as you assume the role of either of the three main characters, blazing through blue ant armies with a vast array of weapons to reach Mizar in his palace and take him down. Alas, I reached Mizar pretty quickly and to tell the truth, was dissappointed by one of the easiest boss battles I've seen in the history of video games...or so I thought.

You may be crafty, but you still can't decide if you want to be a spider or a butterfly.


After you "defeat" Mizar, he goes and commandeers and asteroid (yes, he literally sits inside of it) with the intentions of slamming it into Earth. That's when you find out that the only way to beat him is by freeing all the Tribals and finding 12 parts to some ancient spaceship that hasn't run in years. It doesn't sound too bad, to someone who hasn't played the game. But let me tell you....ugh. That's all I have to say. I'm not trying to go into much detail, but throughout the duration of the first half of the game, there are Tribals hidden on each map. Some are out in the open and easy to spot, and some are so hidden I wonder if they were put in by accident.
Just don't feed them after midnight.


But either way, I now have to back track through every single map in the game to find all these little...ahem....guys. Really? Really Rare? Talk about map repitition. There were times when just fighting through the maps got boring and mind numbing, and now I have to fight through them again while meticulously looking for this Mogwai? Well, I'm not giving up yet. It's going to take a lot of work, but I'm bringing Mizar, and this now ridiculously annoying game, down.

Before I go back to this mind fuck of a game, I do have to say that it's not a total loss. After taking down Mizar the first time, the game genorously upgrades your armor AND gives you jetpacks. Why is this so cool? Because the dog turns into a tank. Yup, you read right you're going to play through the rest of the game as tank-dog.

This had me laughing for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment