Grabbing Gaming by the Coins

Friday, October 8, 2010

On the Table : Jet Force Gemini

Talk about nostalgia. I honestly forgot about this game up until a few days ago when I started going through my pile of N64 cartridges. Although Gemini is not as well known as other Rareware games (Goldeneye) it still held up some positive reviews among gaming critics. It's subtle populartiy has earned it a cult - esque following. To tell you the truth, I don't remember playing this game at all - which means I bought it, got stuck and gave up. It is a 3rd person shooter, the genre I'm trying to avoid, but it surfaced at a time when video games were going through a weird transitional phase thanks to new gaming technology, so I'm curious to see how this game adds up to todays standards.

Interstellar Adventure Ahoy!

1 comment:

  1. Just looking through your list - I'm super excited to see you play the following: Bioshock, Metroid Prime, Majora's Mask, and Mario Galaxy.

    Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game. It's so different and dark and awesome; and Mario Galaxy is I think my favorite game ever.

    ReplyDelete